Wednesday, December 15, 2021

The Garrison in Yarmouth ME


 SP and I are life long fans of farm to table restaurants, especially in our own home. We both love to cook. It's clear from the last post on this blog that I have taken a certain break from posting here. It is not for a lack of eating out in the years prior to Covid, but I just lacked the time to keep up. Well this fall we celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary and sought, post vaccinations, for a new place to celebrate our anniversary. We always splurge for a night of culinary delights, usually at the Oxford House in Fryeburg, but this year we went somewhere entirely new to us on the recommendations of a patron at The Tap House in Bridgton. 

The Garrison was a new farm to table restaurant that  evolved out of a catering business run by a Chopped champion  Christian Hayes. It was all set to open in 2020 and then BAM the pandemic hit. Fast forward to last September, we were finally able to snag a reservation in their 30 seat dining room. 

IT WAS AMAZING. I highly highly recommend you to spend the money, it is expensive, and take yourself out for a meal that will leave your body zinging in goodness. 

For starters, we had cocktails and the lovely warm flatbread with two spreads - a hummus and a celeriac spread. All delicious and full of flavors. 




















Then we shared some small plates. I had the salad which changes every day and was one of the most amazing salads I have ever eaten. SP had the mushroom plate which he ate faster than I could get a picture of.



















Then, I completely stopped taking pictures, and in the usual pattern of my blogging here, I put it off. SP had one of the best pieces of fish he has ever had. That includes fresh caught fish at the Spring House on Block Island. I had an amazing black lentil dish that was so large it lasted for days. Then SP added a rabbit mushroom dish that was so mouthwateringly aromatic that even I ate it. I ate rabbit!!! I loved it. 

The Garrison is a must for your next fancy meal! Thoughtful food is an understatement. Slainte!


No comments:

Post a Comment